Hello City Luxers,
A few weeks ago I traveled to Bermuda for a friends wedding. I was so excited to go back because I grew up vacationing here as a kid and have so many fun memories. One of the best things about Bermuda is that if you live on the east coast, it is only a quick hour and half flight. The pink sand beaches are so beautiful and there is a lot to do and explore. Since I was only there for a quick weekend, most of my activities centered around the amazing wedding I attended, but I have included some of my favorite things to do below!
- Rent a moped: Although the thought of driving a moped on the wrong side of the road in an unfamiliar place can seem scary, in my opinion this is the best way to see the island. The island is very easy to navigate and there are so many beaches and parks along the coast that being able to jump on and off your moped anytime you want to explore is the best. It sounds crazy, but riding around the island on my moped is one of my favorite things to do here!
- Elbow Beach: This beautiful stretch of beach is one of my favorites. It is incredibly scenic, clean and a great place to go swimming.
- Church Bay Beach: If you are interested in snorkeling, this is the beach for you. Just rent a mask and snorkel and you are steps away from reefs with some of the coolest fish around. My only caution is that the waves here can get kind of rough so be careful!
- Swizzle Inn: This is my favorite place to eat on the island and is a MUST try if you end up vacationing here. It is a casual pub with great food and drinks. They are known for their Rum Swizzles with the slogan "Swizzle Inn, Swagger Out". I personally come here for the chicken fingers....SO tasty!
- St. George's: The quaint and historic town of St. George is a great place to stop and check out. Here you will get a taste of Bermuda's history and a few of the local shops.
These are just some of my favorite things to do in Bermuda. I recommend traveling here for anyone looking for a quick and easy getaway with great beaches. My short time here reminded me of why I love this island so much, I cannot wait to go back!