Miami is one of my favorite places to visit. This past August I took a four day mini-vacation there for some rest and relaxation. What I love most about Miami is that for east coasters it is a relatively short plane ride to a destination that has everything you need in one spot- beautiful beaches, great food and exciting nightlife. You can do as much or a little as you want and there is something for everyone. Below I have picked out my top spots that you have to visit when you are in town. I can't wait to get back ASAP!
- Prime 112 - This is one of my favorite restaurants on south beach! It is an upscale steakhouse that serves amazing food and has a great wine and drinks list. It is always packed and is a great spot to people watch and grab drinks before dinner. You have to order the Caesar salad (which is big enough for four), a big steak and the fried Oreos for dessert. One cautionary note: if you are planning on going on a weekend, be prepared to wait even if you have a reservation. They very rarely seat parties on time and the wait can be pretty long. Your best bet is to make your reservation on the earlier side and you will most likely sit at the time you originally intended. Website: Prime112
- Zuma -This is a super hip and stylish Japanese restaurant that is located in the Brickell section of Miami. Brickell is one of the most up-and-coming areas of the city packed with new restaurants and hotels. If you are staying in south beach, it is about a $15 uber ride downtown. The menu is very unique and the plates are made to share. This is definitely a hot spot and place to see and be seen. Reservations are required, especially on the weekends! Website: Zuma
- South Beach - This is probably a no brainer, but when in Miami it is an absolute must that you head to the beach for at least a day. I usually prefer the pool, but the water and beach in Miami is so beautiful! The water is crystal clear and the beach has some of the best people watching of all time.
- Delano Beach Club - The Delano is one of the hippest hotels on South beach. In the pool area they have a lounge and bar called the Delano beach club. It is steps away from the beach and one of my favorite places to grab a pre-game cocktail. Website: Delano
- Lucali Bar- Lucali is a restaurant and bar located in the Sunset Harbor area of the city. This is an up-and-coming area of Miami where a lot of the locals go. It is removed from all of the crazy tourist attractions and hustle and bustle of South Beach and consists of a few blocks of restaurants and shopping. Lucali is a restaurant, but next door they have a bar/lounge area that is a great spot for drinks and some small bites. The music is all old school hip hop and the vibe is fun and casual. Website: Lucali
These are just a few of my recent favorite places to go in Miami. Let me know if you try any of them on your next visit!