Shop This Post:
Club Monaco Shirt (older style, similar here) // 3x1 Jeans // Vince Sneakers // Quay Sunglasses (older style, similar here) // House of Harlow 1960 Necklace (similar here) // Vita Fede Bracelet // Evil Eye Bracelet (older, similar here)
These days going organic is a major lifestyle trend. Whether it's with the food we eat, makeup we apply or the products we use to clean our homes; it seems like there is an organic version for everything. I always like to substitute organic whenever possible so I was really excited to try the range of organic wines from Paul Dolan Vineyards. I have never tried organic wine before, so I was very interested to see how it stacks up against non-organic wine. The distinguishing factor of organic wine is that it comes from grapes that are grown in accordance with the principles of organic farming, which excludes the use of chemicals that we don't want in our bodies or circulating in the environment. Paul Dolan wines were founded in 2006 in Mendocino County, California. The vineyard has a holistic approach to winemaking utilizing native yeasts and organically grown grapes to create a variety of unique wines. To get in the organic spirit, I decided to throw myself a little picnic on the Hudson River in NYC and enjoy my wine with some Kindred Creamery Sweet Fire Mango cheese, prosciutto and crackers. Below is an overview of the wines and my personal take on the range.
- Paul Dolan Cabernet Sauvignon - This wine hails from the winery home estate. The blend is 96% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Cabernet Franc and 1% Petit Verdot. The wine is described as rich, regal, and layered, with aromas of black currant, olive tapenade, and licorice followed by flavors of black cherry, liquor de cassis, and carob. $25.00, purchase
- Paul Dolan Zinfandel - This wine is 100% Zinfandel tasting of blackberry jam, orange marmalade, and a dashing accent of cracked black pepper. $25.00, purchase
- Paul Dolan Pinot Noir - This red is a classic Pinot Noir with bright strawberry-rhubarb flavors accented by elegant aromas of leather and sweet cocoa dust. $30.00 , purchase
- Paul Dolan Chardonnay - This Chardonnay is a balanced wine with flavors of ripe pear, crisp apple and a creamy vanilla-spice. $18.00, purchase
- Paul Dolan Sauvignon Blanc - One of my favorite summer wines, this classic Sauvignon Blanc is perfect for a day by the beach! It tastes of brightly refreshing kiwi and citrus zest with an aromatic lemongrass perfume. $18.00, purchase
Overall, I really enjoyed the wines in this range! My favorite (which is probably not a shock to anyone) is the Cabernet Sauvignon. To be honest, I can't tell a difference between organic vs. non-organic wine, but just like eating organic veggies I feel better knowing that the wine comes from grapes that are harvested without any chemicals. I would recommend this range to anyone who is looking for delicious wines at an affordable price point.
Photography by Christina LeCompte