One of the things that I love most about NYC is that there are endless options when it comes to places to grab a drink or a great meal. Over the past five years that I have lived in this area, I have been fortunate to try a lot of different spots and today I am sharing my picks for the best places in NYC to grab a drink. Whether it is on a hot summer day or post-work cocktails, all of these places offer a unique setting and extensive drink menu. Cheers!
- Azul (Soho) - If you are looking for a rooftop bar with sweeping 360 degree views of lower Manhattan, then this place is for you! Azul is located on the top of the luxury boutique Hotel Hugo. Despite being part of this luxurious hotel setting, the bar itself has a laid back feel with a Havana theme. The drinks are a little pricey, but the view and overall vibe makes it worth it!
- Buvette (West Village) - This cozy West Village restaurant instantly transports you to a tiny wine bar in Paris. I love the decor and European feel to this neighborhood spot. Grab a seat by the window for some great people watching as you enjoy your glass of wine!
- Locanda Verde (TriBeca) - This chic Italian TriBeca restaurant is one of my favorite places to eat and grab a drink in the city. The atmosphere is warm and inviting with an upscale feel. They have a great wine list and serve one the the best bloody mary cocktails I've ever tasted. The food is also amazing if you decide to stick around and eat. Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for celebrities mixed in with the crowd!
- The Dutch (Soho) - One of my favorite things to do after a day of walking around Soho is to stop into The Dutch for a glass of wine and a little cheese. My favorite spot is at the window seats at the side of the bar. These seats offer amazing people watching and are even better in the spring and summer when the windows are open to the outside.
- The Standard Biergarten (Meatpacking) - Tucked under the High Line The Standard Biergarten is part of The Standard hotel, serving up traditional German beer and cuisine in a casual open air setting. I love the relaxed vibe of this spot and even more importantly, I love being able to play ping pong in the middle of all of the action! I am not a big beer drinker, but something about this place always gets me in the spirit! If you want to skip the beer, there is also a full service bar serving up wine and other cocktails.