Hello City Luxers,
Anyone who has ever been shopping for jeans knows that finding a pair that flatters your body in all the right places can be tricky. At the end of the day, we all want that perfect pair that is going to make us look and feel amazing. To help ease some of the frustration in achieving this, I have created 5 tips that will instantly make you look slimmer in your jeans:
1. Pay Attention to pocket placement: Every girl is searching for a pair of jeans that is going to make her butt look amazing. Depending on what your goals are, pocket placement can either make or break you in this department. For example, if you have a small behind and are looking to lift it, try to find a pair of jeans with smaller pockets. This will help give the appearance of a larger, perkier butt. If you are on the other side of the spectrum and are looking to minimize this particular asset, find a pair with larger pockets that are situated lower on the pants. This will make your butt appear smaller. In general, smaller pockets will emphasize and larger pockets will minimize.
2. Elongate the legs with a higher waist: 90's high-waisted jeans are back and regardless of whether or not you like this trend, a higher waist is going to give the appearance of longer legs, making you appear taller and more slim. The higher fit also accentuates the smallest part of your waist. Double bonus!
3. Texture matters: Try finding a pair of jeans that have less stretch and are more rigid to the touch. A lot of denim these days is made with softer, stretchier material (like jeggings) and while this material is comfortable, it is more likely to show imperfections. For a more streamlined fit, try finding a pair that have less give. This will help keep everything in place.
4. Keep it snug: Believe it or not, you want your jeans to fit a tiny bit snug. As the day goes on jeans will naturally stretch so you want to make sure you aren't swimming in them by the end of the day. This will only create bulk. If they are a little bit tight when you first put them on, that is usually a good sign. Just make sure you don't buy them too tight, as this will have the opposite effect!
5. Find a darker wash: A darker wash is going to instantly have a more slimming effect. It's no coincidence that most people on TV choose to wear darker colors. I personally like dark grey or black jeans for the fall and winter months.
There you have it! Follow these tips the next time you go jeans shopping for an instantly slimmer look! Don't forget to post your pictures on social media with the hashtag #CityLuxeStyleTips. Happy shopping!